Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Sunday, October 30, 2011

What WE are reading...

I recently announced that I would be reading "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. I'm ashamed to say that I have never read it since it is suppose to be such a grand novel. Also it's such a shock because it's played out in the 19th Century British society which I LOVE! It's high time I put my night clothes on and cuddle up with this book! I've made tea and I've found my fuzzy socks. Let the reading begin! I'm happy to say that I will have  company (not in bed with me right this moment, but reading at their own home....) while reading this novel! A few of my good friends have also decided to bury themselves in the lovely book! Why don't you join us! If you have a kindle, amazon offers the book for free! It's one of many classics that they offer for free actually. Recently I read "Alice in Wonderland" out loud to my daughter. I'm not sure she listened to the entire thing. But she sat still for a time and stared into space! If you have a NOOK or purchase your ebooks from Barnes & Noble they offer the book for 99 cents! If you're not so fortunate to have an ereader or you just prefer the feel of a good old fashioned book, well, I think you can find it priced anywhere from 4 bucks to $444!! Yes, you read that right! A collectible copy of the book will run you around 3 digits! I love books. I love the feel of them. But, I don't have room for them and I certainly don't have that kind of money! What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment