Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What a Hoot!

I can't believe my baby will be turning 3 in a month! All of my kids were surprise pregnancies but the toddler was an outright shocker! I was told I would never conceive again then 3 years later I actually got pregnant with her! I was making plans to have a hysterectomy at the time. It all blows me away. I truly believe in miracles and I believe that GOD sends us angels. But that's another story!  

So, the toddler will be three next month and I thought it would be super cute to have an owl themed party. I told my Mom a couple of years ago that owls were making a comeback and that she should make a few owl themed quilts to sell. I don't think she took me seriously. And here we are. Owls are everywhere. I make party invites. Sometimes I use scrapbook paper and embellishments but lately I've been doing everything on the computer. It takes up less space and I can lounge on the couch while I do it. bonus. I try not to spend a lot (any) money on these little projects of mine. We're so broke, toilet paper is a luxury item! So, since we have a budget of zero I thought I'd turn to my favorite source for freebies. Pinterest! I punched in "free digital scrapbooking" and was very happy to find so many sites! I was in heaven! And luckily there was a site that had just what I needed. An owl!!
This is the kit I fell in love with! It is so versatile! I love all of the elements. Especially the different scrapbook papers. And check out the cute owl! Eek! This FREE kit is just one of many that she offers. I admit that I downloaded a few and might have to ignore the dishes today just so I can play with the fun images and papers. I almost want to throw a party just so I can make a cool invite using some of the other kits I got!!  I've already made the Toddlers birthday invitations and as soon as I get them printed I will most certainly share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment