Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Friday, October 14, 2011

My sweet escape

Being a stay at home Mom means that I am surrounded by my work pretty much 24/7. Even though I love being home with the toddler on good days, I also love the time that I get to sit with a good book and a cup of hot tea. Last year my mother in law bought me a kindle. I literally squealed with excitement! I was so happy! We live in a tiny house and I have very limited space. This kindle has eased the burden of finding room for books. When I got it I didn't realize how many free books I would enjoy. I think most of the books that I have read on my kindle in the past year have all been free. I've never spent over $8 on a book. Go ME!

I love my kindle. I have affectionately named it "Sweet Escape". Seriously, on my amazon account it is labeled "Sweet Escape". I sit down with my kindle, start reading and the world fades away. It is my sweet escape. I take it with me every where. My Granny made me a fancy little carrying case for it and everything.

However, it seems that ever since the new Kindle Fire has been announced I can't get a wifi connection on my kindle. To me, it seems a little conspiracy related to me. Is this a little poke to get people to upgrade to the newer better version?

photo via mashable.com
I glanced at the new kindle. The price looked super! The fact that you can watch movies on it was a wonderful perk. It's a color screen! I think I saw a better magazine selection. It all looks great! I'm in love. I think I will do a little more research and decide if I should put it on my birthday list! Santa can't bring it this year. He's working over time just to make sure the kids get something!

No comments:

Post a Comment