Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I heart sidewalk chalk.

I can't even tell you how much I love a bucket of sidewalk chalk and an extra long paved driveway! It just so happens I have both! On nice days, I sweep the driveway (which is a workout) and bring out the bucket of chalk. The toddler and I lay in the driveway and draw until we have tiny fragments of chalk left! Sometimes I lay there and read. It's relaxing.

You all know that I am also in love with Pinterest where ideas flow freely. Each time I log on I am motivated to create something new. Sometimes I encounter a project that just doesn't turn out but I try. Recently, I was searching for ideas for photo props when I came across the most wonderful idea. I can't even believe I didn't think of this myself! Don't get me wrong. I have used sidewalk chalk in photos before but it was nothing like this!
None of the photos I've seen like this have a quote. I chose this quote for my sister who happens to have the middle name "Sunshine". Don't laugh at it! It suits her! She has a way of brightening your day just by being in the room. Her name comes up and your mood is instantly elevated! I love her dearly but she recently moved to the other side of the country and I won't see her for a while. I wanted to let her know that she's on my mind. So, I decided to create a little something for her. It took me quite some time to get the toddler to agree to this! And if it weren't for the artsy son, this would've never happened!
"No Sissy! Like this!"
This was attempt #1!
Ok. So if at first you don't succeed. Try. Try. and maybe improvise! My original idea was to make it look like she was flying over buildings. So, I took the time to draw some ugly skyscrapers, balloons etc. I even wrote my quote. But, while I was taking a bathroom break, the toddler set the tallest building on fire! Or at least that is the way it looks to me. I think I should hide the matches. This attempt was a disaster! So, I had to wait a while to try again. I couldn't get the chalk rinsed off. And by the time I scrubbed it off I had absolutely no energy left in me!  In the end I did the basics and instead of writing the quote with chalk I used picnik.com to add my wording. So much easier that way! If you haven't tried picnik......well, check it out! It's a bit addictive. So I will apologize to your family ahead of time! Sorry your most embarrassing photos have been retouched and jazzed up and put on facebook for all the world to see. It happens. Put your big girl panties on and draw on the driveway with chalk! You'll feel better! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment