Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Grab it, Run.

I love the movie "Leap Year". I've seen it a dozen plus times. I'm a sucker for a love story, a hopeless romantic. And hello....An Irishman! But, I especially love how she figures out where she ranks with her boyfriend when she pulls the fire alarm.

If your house was on fire and you had 60 seconds, what would you grab?

My kids and husband of course.

What would my husband grab? Me and the kids. I have no doubt about that at all. Would we get to safety and consider coming back for his Dogs playing Poker shirt?.....Probably! But the important thing is I know where I rank with him. And I think the kids do too because he always puts them first.

It puts it all into perspective though doesn't it? The things you cannot live without are not things at all. They are people, relationships. So, when times are tough and you see something in the store you wish you had the money to buy.....don't get stressed or sad because you can't have it. Because when your 60 seconds come up you're going to leave it behind anyway. 

And if you're in a relationship with someone and you're not sure whether or not he or she would haul you out of a burning building before he secured his laptop, phone, collectors football jersey or dog......you should rethink where that person stands in your own life. Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment