Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Friday, October 7, 2011

I made a scene!

My Mom lives 12 hours away from us! She doesn't get to see the kids as much as I would like. So I try to take pictures as often as I can of the kids so she at least knows what they look like day to day. My efforts are lost on the teenagers. You would think the camera was a tazer gun the way they dive behind couches and hide behind random strangers! I will tell them in advance that I expect them to be showered, groomed and picture ready days in advance and they still manage to weasel their way out of a photo shoot! I've lost all hope where they're concerned. But, the toddler is still at the age where I can bribe her!! And luckily, all it takes is a few Ritz crackers and cheese!

Today, the weather was BEAUTIFUL! So, I made a scene! I don't mean I threw a tantrum or yelled at the cashier in Walmart for throwing my eggs in the bag again! I mean I took a few items I had laying around the house and made a cute little scene where I could take the toddlers pictures. I even got her to help me set it all up!

I started with an old chair that I salvaged from my uncles garage a while back. Then I added a few hydrangeas that were at the end of their life cycle to my favorite flower container from my Granny's collection of Ball Jars.
The toddler is in love with the chalkboard signs I made for my wedding. So we threw those in the mix along with some bunting that was left over too. I placed this all in my flower bed next to my driveway where a zucchini plant had taken over. I liked the way it looked! She had fun.....win....win!

This is one of the pictures  I came up with! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment