Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

We're all pleasantly Mad here!

I got married in August! A week before my wedding my sisters threw a bridal shower for me and I was so completely blown away! I have dreamed of throwing a tea party for a very long time and I am a huge Alice in Wonderland fan. Not to mention I am also a tea drinker! So, they put their brilliant minds together and planned a Mad Hatter Tea Party Bridal Shower!

I knew absolutely nothing about this shower. I knew it was taking place and that I was to wear a dress. As far as the theme or what it would entail....I was in the cold, clueless so to speak! I was told the day before to be ready at a certain time! So, I was!

It all started out with a scavenger hunt where I was driven around town by the white rabbit aka MOM. I had to follow clues and find a card at each stop! I wish I still had all of the cards! They rhymed! I was in love with the whole thing from that moment on and you know me! I shed a tear or two! The final clue gave me an address for the actual party. This was so exciting!










We showed up at the home of my sisters friend who I had never met before but her home is absolutely lovely! We had to follow a little path to the house where I noticed Floyd and Erma, my pink yard flamingos....I didn't even notice they had been kidnapped! lol! Once we got to the front door I was speechless. Layed out in front of me was the most amazing tea party I had ever seen! It still makes me feel loved! Everyone was asked to wear a hat and almost everyone did! I was given a cute little top hat to wear too. It was loads of fun and I swear every time I looked around the table I saw something I hadn't noticed before. We had meringues that looked like mushrooms! We used real silver! I was totally blown away by it all!



There so many elements to this shower that just made it so whimsy and perfect. Luckily, my sister has a wonderful friend who was gracious enough to let them use her home and china! I love my sisters so much and the love they have for me came out in thier thoughtfulness and planning! We played fun games, ate fantastic food and it was more than the tea party of my dreams could've ever been! My brother in law even helped with this! Thank you Herman! 

No comments:

Post a Comment