Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Thursday, October 27, 2011

It won't kill you.

I just want to take this time to say that I'm very annoyed by the fact that automobile makers are not equipping new cars with a very important feature. A feature that could ultimately save your life and the lives of others........

A Turn Signal....Blinker......

Ohhhh! They do? Well, then why are so many people refusing to use them these days? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!? It won't kill you!  It's not difficult to use. You don't have to remember a password to get the thing to work! You make the decision to turn and then  flip it on, then wait a minute before turning. Don't turn it on as you're turning. And especially don't turn it on as you are turning in front of me! Keep in mind, if you find yourself at a 4 way stop and you and I are across from each other, if you do not signal that you're turning I will think you're going straight! I don't know how many times that has happened to me! I'm at a 4 way stop, the person across from me isn't using a blinker so I assume that they are going straight. Then I go straight when they decide to turn into me! It happened at the school yesterday when I was picking my sons up. A man, who was obviously blinker challenged, almost hit me and then pointed at the stop sign as if I hadn't stopped! Ummmm....I stopped! I wanted to follow him and give him a tutorial on how to use his turn signal. But, the boys wouldn't love me anymore if I embarrassed them like that. So I let it go. But, low and behold, this morning it happens again. It irritates the bejeezus out of me. I want to make signs to remind people that they could make life easier for everyone if they'd just learn to use their blinker! But, I think I'd have to get a special permit to put billboards up in peoples yards.....it could get messy. So, I'll use the tools I have and bitch about it here!

Please, for the love of my sanity, use your turn signal. Honestly, it won't kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment