Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Be careful what you're thankful for.

I read something somewhere a few days ago. I can't remember where I saw it. I guess it isn't important. It said:

What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked GOD for yesterday?

It has stuck in my mind since the day I read it. It has made me rethink how I talk to GOD.

Before I read that quote I would randomly thank GOD for things. Sitting at the stop light in town one day I whispered "Thank you GOD for this short light". Another day I thanked GOD for the extra $1.35 in change I found in my Jeep. I often thank him for Nutella and locally grown apples or Mt. Dew in a styrofoam cup from Wesco.

Now, though, I do things differently. Because what if.........What would I do if I only woke up with those things? Life really wouldn't be worth it. I wouldn't be able to enjoy life with out my kids, my husband or my family. I can survive without the refreshing beverage and tasty snacks. I can sit a little longer at the light in the afternoon. But I wouldn't want to live with out the things that truly matter.

Anna Marie Pictorials


No comments:

Post a Comment