Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Oh! Scrap!

While making my wedding invitations, save the dates, RSVP cards and other misc. wedding junk I accumulated a ton of scrap paper! I try not to waste paper! So, I saved it thinking that someday I would find a use for it. And at this moment there are angels singing in heaven because for once, the things I've been hoarding have been recycled into something easy to make and functional! High Five!
<----------Yep! That's it! Isn't it fancy! I planned on doing candles on the tables here and there but, thought they'd look better all dressed up. So, I have this cool paper punch that I bought from Joanne fabrics with my 50% off coupon! It's made by Martha Stewart but there are other brands and designs out there! Originally I bought the punch to use on someone else's favors. As a matter of fact this particular piece of paper is from someone else's project! he he! You could wrap a piece of ribbon around the votive once you get your scrap paper around it.....maybe add a rhinestone or a flower! Fun! I also used some of the scraps to make little "thank you" tags to hang on my tulle bags of lemon drops! I took my handy dandy hole punch, punched a hole in one end and with my scissors I cut my fancy flag end! I was lucky enough to be blessed with good handwriting so I just used a fine tip sharpee and wrote my little Thanks! Or you can have a friend do it if they have better handwriting. You could also make flags for your straws or stir sticks. Or if you're having a chocolate fountain you could put flags on skewers for people to use at the fountain. All you would need to do for that is make your little flag just like I made the Thank you tag but skip the step where you use the paper punch! Just wrap that end of the flag around your stick or straw and glue into place. On the skewers I don't see why you couldn't use a hot glue gun but if you're working with plastic straws you might want to try some of that double sided tape!So, in the end I think it was a pretty good idea and cheap. Now if I could just come up with a way to recycle the tine little pieces of paper left over from the hole punch! Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment