Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Know when to walk away



This isn't going to be about love or walking away from an abusive inconsiderate lying cheating person. This is about knowing when to stop! I'm not talking about smoking or drinking or bingo! Certainly not bingo! You can never have enough bingo in your life people! I'm talking about knowing when to walk away from a DIY project and say "I am done!". It's what you were shooting for when you started and now it's time to file it away and not make anymore changes! Don't touch it! You'll only make it into something you didn't want!



I know this from experience! I first learned this lesson as a teenager, when big hair ruled the school! Get up in the morning, turn on the curling iron, plug in the hair dryer and for about an hour you work on achieving big hair! You've achieved big hair but it just isn't good enough and the next thing you know you have 20 minutes til school starts and you're washing your hair again because you had so much aquanet caked on your hair it was hard to tell if your hair was brown or flakey white! Ohhhhh! It was rough times! Now that I'm working on my wedding I am learning this lesson again. First it was with a bouquet of flowers! That ended in me throwing my hands up and calling the florist! Some things are too important to massacre! For me, the flowers are a big deal! It's one of my passions which is also a curse because I want to get them just so! You know? Recently, I've had to ask someone to hide a necklace from me! When I envisioned my wedding day I saw myself as being girly but not immature, wearing pearls or something vintage. So, I set out to make a necklace.....Buying something is not an option! I had all of the supplies I needed. I made a necklace, looked at it for a few days, took it apart, made something different. This happened over and over again til I looked at that poor necklace and said "This is a disaster! It doesn't look a thing like the necklace in my head!". Ugh! I picked at it over and over til it was nothing like the one I wanted! I hated it! So, I took some time off. I packed it away until I was thinking clearly. I wanted something with pearls, something blue and something shiny vintage! But, I ran out of pearls! So, here I am with a half finished necklace til I get the funds to go to hobby lobby again! I fear the worst! If this necklace sits on my work table for another hour I will most likely tear it apart.....So, for now it's hiding from me in an undisclosed location! Poor thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment