Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Making wishes



Well folks! The sister-cousin is married and by the time I stumble through this day her and her husband will be on a plane headed to Florida where they will hop a cruise ship destined for a place far more beautiful than the one they left behind. It wouldn't take much!........... Ok so this area we live in is far from ugly but it's not a tropical paradise!



The Wedding was beautiful! She wanted a beach wedding where she could be barefoot. The groom and his men wore khacky shorts and beachy white shirts. The Bridesmaids were knockouts in black! The bride was absolutely beautimous. As we set out down the boardwalk on our way to the beach you could hear the small waves crashing in the distance. As we got closer the sounds of the grooms sister playing guitar brought tears to my eyes. It was such a peaceful sound. You put it all together and I think it was the sound of love. It was just perfect. I wanted to look back at the bride to see if she felt it too. But, I was afraid I'd lose my footing in the sand and take a dive. Thank God that didn't happen! The ceremony was short and sweet. But the sister-cousin added a special moment to the nuptials that made it so sweet and personal.



Upon arrival each guest was given a stone, which we gathered from the beach a few days before, and they were told to hold on to the stone. Don't worry! They weren't going to throw them instead of rice or rose petals. Once the minister pronounced them husband and wife, he explained the significance of the stones. The group was asked to join the couple at the waters edge where they would make a wish on the stone for the happy couple. Then all at once we tossed them into the water. It was fun! I don't know how many people actually took the time to make a wish on their stone but I think at that moment everyone had a happy thought in their head. It felt like positive energy.



My wish for the newlyweds.......May you have a long peaceful life together void of family drama and freeloaders! But as I look on the beach I can't help but feel that in this family (God bless us every single one) that is easier said than done! So, I will say this instead.......I hope you make more happy moments than sad and more good memories than bad! I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment