Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Favor Friday

Hi! My name is Mad Maven and I'm addicted to my glue gun. I used it to put the handle back on my silverware drawer and then used it to glue a cup to the inside of the cabinet. (It was my favorite cup and when I wanted to use it, it was never clean! It will be now! he he!) Anyway, It's almost Friday and I think it's going to be a ritual that every Friday I come up with a new party favor idea for the bride on a budget who isn't afraid of a few burns from a hot glue gun or cuts from a paper trimmer!


This Friday I'm tackling a special request from a very good friend of mine who I often refer to as "Stripper". She is the reason I am the party person that I am. She has employed me on several occasions to do her dirty work. She gives me the theme and I run with it, like scissors! I'm fearless and that's easy to do when it's not your money you're spending! Kidding! I always try to concoct favors and party elements that are wallet friendly! I think fun should be affordable. I'm here to make people happy, not rob them blind. If I was out to rob you I would ditch the Bunny ears and hot pink pajama pants when I work. Trade it in for all black and night vision goggles!


So, anyway, Stripper calls me a while back and says "Maven, I need you to throw a shopping list together for a cowgirl birthday party that I'm planning!" You see how she does that? "I need YOU to put together a list for a party that I am planning!" Joker! She really means, plan this party for me and I will pay for the crap I need, then I'll take all of the credit or pimp you out in the end! She knows I love her and as she reads this from a hotel room in Australia she is laughing out loud because she knows it's a true story and she loves me back! So, I make the list, complete with decorations that are stripper compatible and then I lay out the favor list. I love party favors! The party is for a 10 year old girl who is totally devoted to her horses. So a cowgirl party was a smart idea. The day would start out with brunch followed up with a long horse ride leading to a secondary party location where the girls will enjoy a picnic lunch and cake. We're talking a 2 hour ride. These girls are hard core! They saddle those horses up to go the distance. They aren't jumping fences and racing around barrels. So my idea for a favor was individual trail mix bags. A plain lunch bag, brown paper bag, whatever you want to call it. Fill it with homemade or store bought trail mix and tie a bandanna around it to close the bag! The Girls get a cool bandanna and a snack! There you go! It's something that they will use! I think people sometimes get caught up in the cuteness of a favor that they don't stop to think, will this be a waste of my money? It's like handing out potpourri sashes at a wedding. I'm sorry but guys attend weddings too! They don't give a flying fart in space if they have a potpourri sash to take home. Save those for the Bridal Shower Girls! This also reminds me of a friend who handed out sample size bottles of her and her fiances favorite whiskey at her reception! Who exactly had the privilege of policing those favors? I'm sure there were at least a handful of teenagers who were happy you had that awesome idea!


Well, happy Friday folks! I'm already working on next Fridays favor! And I will have pictures! I promise! ..............................Hey! Who unplugged my glue gun!? Cowards!

No comments:

Post a Comment