Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It could've been amazing



I feel like I need to write a eulogy for the amazing photo booth I had planned. See, I've had to ax it from the plans! It was too big for our simple wedding celebration and required too much manpower to get going! Loosely translated into, I couldn't get the man in my life to get busy and make it! Don't look at me! I'm not a carpenter! And in the end I find out that he doesn't think it's as cool as I do. Since this is his wedding too I guess I will go back to the drawing board! And I'm going to poke my lip out and be miserable about it til I come up with something cool enough to take it's place.



The photo booth I originally wanted could've been amazing! In my bride brain I pictured a kissing booth but on the sign where it says "Kissing" I was going to cross it off and write "Photo" above it! It was going to be an actual kissing booth with a jar marked "Kisses 25 cents" But the jar was filled with Hershey's Kisses! You just pose in front of or behind the booth, be silly, throw on a fake mustache or afro wig or crazy hat and take a picture! Just be Funny! BUT, I'm the only one that thought that was funny. So, I'm moving on.



I'm back at the drawing board, bored with all of the lame photo booth ideas I've come up with. So, I'm going to stop thinking about it and just go the simple route. An old suitcase of props set up in front of a cool background. Maybe I'll throw in a few chalk boards and some chalk, let folks say what's on their mind! That could be interesting! Especially with my family!



So, what do I need to get this project finished.......



Tripod, digital camera with a timer that I can figure out, props, blow up weapons, fake mustaches, wigs, hats, chalkboards, chalk, a chair, feather boas, old suitcase and well, I think that's it!



I don't like giving up on a project! But sometimes you have to. Otherwise it will consume you. So rather than being ran over continuously by this monster project, step away for a bit and ask yourself if it's worth it! Sometimes you just have to find the happy medium and go with that! It's Ok to mourn the project that could've been. Go ahead! Let it all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment