Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Going Home

Our spring break in Arkansas has come to an end.

It's the same thing each time we come. I get overwhelmed by all of the people crammed into one small house, cry when I see old pictures of myself and then when it's time to leave, I would rather stay. Well, there are good things in there too. Laughing. Listening to stories I have heard a million times. It never gets old.

This year I really don't want to leave. I'm ready to be home but not ready to go.

I have managed to watch a few good movies.

War Horse
The Descendants

I've read a couple of books.

Ember by Madison Daniel
Fallen by S.k Whiteside

When did I find the time? During my 12 hour drive!

Anyway, they say home is where the heart is. It's true. But I have been away from my house for over a week and haven't really missed it. I miss my bed and my cat. But for the most part I've been happy here in sunny Arkansas, with my family. Home is wherever my kids are because that is where my heart is.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post to be honest with you. I'm a little weepy tonight after watching The Descendants. So I think I'm just going on and on. The bottom line is..... In the morning I will be going home. More reading. More picture taking. More car sickness. Yay.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter holiday. Hopefully you connected with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment