Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Monday, March 26, 2012

Heavenly Crockpot Chicken

Ok. So I found a recipe on pinterest for crockpot chicken and the recipe called for mushrooms and dry white wine. If you're a friend of mine on fb you know that my tires came to a screeching halt when I read "dry white wine". I immediately said "I've got moscato! Same thing right?" and the answer is no! It is not the same.

Not a big deal! Three people told me to use chicken broth instead. So I dug through the cabinets and luckily found a can of broth. In the end I completely changed the original recipe. Haha! And wow! It was tasty! And bonus, the gravy I got from the finished product was especially tasty over Brussels sprouts. So here is my recipe!

2 lbs of skinless boneless chicken strips because I love this in potpie the next day
Half of an 8oz container of sour cream with chives
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
Half cup chicken broth
Packet of dry Italian dressing mix
2 tbl spoons of butter

Ok pay attention! This is tricky! Not really but you will want to make sure you pay attention when it's time to use the soup!
In a small saucepan, melt the butter on low heat and then add the cream cheese. Let it melt together, stirring and stirring to make sure it doesn't scorch! Add the broth. Stir. Remove from heat. Stir in dry Italian dressing mix and ONE can of the cream of chicken soup! Save the other can til the end!
Now! You've placed all your little chicken strips in your crockpot right? Well, go on and do it then! I'll wait!
Ok! Pour your soup/seasoning/ cream cheese mixture over your chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours. Thirty minutes before its done, add the rest of your soup! I find that it thickens your gravy!
This was the shiznit over mashed taters and a side of Brussels! I sautéed my Brussels with butter and then added about two tablespoons of my crockpot gravy to them. It was tasty!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment