Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Monday, April 9, 2012

Welcome home

I love visiting my Mom. Sure, the 12 hour drive isn't always pleasant but at the end of the drive I get rewarded with my Moms good cooking and the best part..... Someone to run interference with the toddler when she gets in one of her moods. I can hide in the bathroom and paint my toenails and nobody bothers me because Nana is there to take over.

The week before we left to go to my moms house I was sick with flu- like symptoms. I didn't do anything around the house. It wasn't pretty. Just another reason to run away. When we left my moms house to head home I cringed at the thought of what would be waiting for me when we got home. BUT when I walked into the kitchen I was pleasantly surprised. My mother in law cleaned. She took care of our cat for us and while she was here she did a little cleaning!!

Ok so normally I would not be happy with someone being in the house moving things but it wasn't as if she rearranged my furniture and cleaned out my cluttered closet! My closet could use a good cleaning though. My bed was made with clean sheets. My kitchen counter was clean and my coffee pot was clean! My sink was empty! Eek. I can't remember the last time I had an empty sink. I loathe dirty dishes!

Sometimes it's nice to be helped. Don't you get tired of cleaning up after people? My day consists of the same walls, laundry, dishes and all the other chores that go along with being a house wife. Granted I am not a neat freak and I've learned that a clean house is a sign of a wasted life. But still, it's nice to come home and have a few less things on my list of things to tackle tomorrow.

Ahhhh! I think I might tackle that cluttered closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment