Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Monday, April 16, 2012

Don't hold your breath.......or breathe

I couldn't find my dictionary. It's probably somewhere hiding with my extra set of car keys and that embarrassing picture of me blowing up a balloon........you know because I'd love to know that someone hasn't gained control of those things. You never know when they'll be used against you. The car keys could be used to, well, steal my car and the picture is probably already all over the Internet anyway. Regardless, I couldn't remember how to spell "breathe" or "breath" and I just don't want to look it up on google because that would send me into a whole other situation that I just don't have time for today. I have a crock pot to clean.

Where was I? Oh. Right. Recently I have become acquainted with a young woman who has the most negative attitude toward life. She refuses to see the good in anything, a daffodil, a butterfly, a baby, an add for a dentist that someone has strategically blacked the teeth out on. How can you not laugh at that? I just don't understand. But I do understand that her mother passed away a year ago and they didn't have the best relationship. She's angry. All of the holidays have passed, birthdays and anniversaries. She has mourned and now I tell her to start taking baby steps. I don't want to take away her grief but I would love for her to stop holding her breath. (Or breathe) EXHALE and let good things happen. See the good things happening around you. Honor your mother by living the best life you can live. (I know you're reading this)

The same thing goes for anyone who has known grief. Whether you have lost a loved one, had a failed relationship or lost a baby. Don't take one step forward with a negative attitude. It will get you absolutely nowhere. It's like a rocking chair......whole lotta moving, not getting anywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment