Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Inspire me

I've been talking about doing this for a while now and I don't want you to think that I wouldn't follow through. I've been busy, I'm sorry. So here it goes.

I've wanted to feature people who have followed a dream, inspired me or others to move forward and also follow a dream. I also wanted my first post in this series to be someone special to me, who holds a special place in my heart. So I chose my cousin and good friend, Sarah.

Let me tell you a little bit about her. She is a single mother, raising a daughter, going to school, working full time, learning to cook........lol. Had to throw that last part in.

Sarah, for the most part, has lived in Michigan her entire life except for a short time when she tried her luck in Sin City, Las Vegas. She also moved to Jacksonville, Florida where she became a die hard Jaguars fan. If she wasn't taking classes, being a Mom or at a football game she was at Disney World, her happy place. She is a bit of a Disney fanatic! I recently made a sloppy attempt to interview her. Here's what I found out.............


1. Tell me why you recently went to Disney World. Other than to escape the insane cold.....and to be alone with your significant other.......... and see the sunshine and mickey mouse.
I recently went to Walt Disney World to participate in the Tangled, Royal Family 5K run/walk during the Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend. This was my second time participating in such a neat event. I even was able to improve my time by 10 minutes. I trained for 2 months before I went to increase my speed and endurance. Doing the 5k was a very good feeling of accomplishment and it was neat to be a part of something.
2. Tell me about the disney travel planning you do. How did you get into it?
I am an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner through Off to Neverland Travel. I specialize in planning dream vacations for families and individuals to all of the Disney Destinations including Walt Disney World in Florida, Disneyland in California and Disney Cruise Lines for example. There are many other worldwide destinations in the Disney Destinations family that I can help plan too. My service is to do all of the nitty-gritty travel planning for my clients so that all they have do is enjoy their vacation. There is not a fee for my service, I am paid a commision through my agency which they receive from Disney. I got into Disney vacation planning because I am a Disney fanatic all around, love anything to do with Disney, so I thought it would be fun to help others enjoy something that I love. I did some research on it and came across one of the limited agencies that are authorized and Earmarked by Disney to do Disney travel. I had to go through an interview plus training and also complete Disney's College of Knowledge in order to become authorized myself.
3. What's next? What are doing for yourself right now, or hope to do in the future?

Next for me would be to complete my Bachelor's degree and to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. I would really like to make the Disney travel my primary profession but that will take some time. I really enjoy travel and want to incorporate that as a full time career. I also have decided that I would like to do the 1/2 marathon at Disney some day. It may not happen next year but I am setting a goal of participating and completing it in 2014. It is alot more strenous than the 5K. For right now I am focusing on making myself more of priority and doing some activities that I enjoy like reading, working out at the gym and cross-stitching. It always seems like the things I love take a back seat to the rest of my life and too much is passing by. I have begun to learn that life is short and if you don't make time for the things you enjoy to do, you never will.

I know you're probably thinking "Shameless plug for Disney" but that is not the case here. I want to exploit people who have realized that happiness comes from within, by following dreams, giving back to others and I think that Sarah is in the process of figuring it out. I'm proud of her for juggling all of the things that she does.

She's still trying to figure out what she wants to do with the rest of her life but she hasn't stopped chasing her dream. I hope this inspires you to chase a dream. You can do it if you put your heart into it!! It may not be easy but it will be worth it in the end. Proving to yourself that you can do something is such an awesome feeling!

So, get out there and do something with your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment