Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Don't stand so....Don't stand so.....

Let this be a lesson to anyone who can't respect my personal space when standing in line at the grocery store. Today, I had to run out to get a few ingredients for a tasty recipe I found on pinterest for a  pretzel dessert. (I will try to share the link but my computer isn't cooperating in that area) Anyway, I grabbed everything on my list and a few 2 liters of Mt. Dew because we're going to a cook out this evening and I always  bring my own dew to hoard and dish out to the people I feel are worthy of the drink.

SO, there I was, standing in line. The man behind me is totally on my rear! I mean, he is standing so close I can feel him breathing on my neck! I inch forward and he follows suit. This goes on for a while until I finally get smart and put my cart in between me and him. While this is all going on, the toddler is in the cart playing with her barbie. Bless her for being so good. When it was time to unload our groceries onto the belt, she decided to help me! BONUS!

I keep the 2 liters in the child seat of the cart and the toddler always sits with the groceries. I just don't want her rolling the pop all around the cart and shaking it up. So, while she is helping me unload things she reaches for a 2 liter that is sitting in the child seat. It slips out of her hand and falls through the leg hole of the cart.....................................And hits the floor, bouncing sky high!

This all happened in slow motion! I'm literally biting a knuckle to keep myself from screaming profanities while the toddler is yelling "Wow!". The neck breather jumps back just as the 2 liter plummets to the ground where he was standing. The cap to the bottle shoots off, barely missing his face and spews Mt. Dew all over the guy!!!

I am not kidding you! Like a juvenile I laughed so hard! Literally, OUT LOUD! He was not happy!

"You got me good, didn't ya?" he asked, as if I was trying to drench him with pop! I explained to him that it was an accident but he was still mad! He asked who was going to clean up the mess. I told him "probably the janitor" but he kept insisting that I did it on purpose. I reminded him that I was not the one who dropped the bottle and that it wasn't my daughters fault! He gave her a dirty look and that really made me mad!

I told him, "HEY! That's what you get for standing so close to me! Haven't you ever heard of personal boundaries?" and that's when he decided to get in a different line. Some people!

For the record, it was totally an accident and I didn't clean it up but I did apologize to the janitor who did show up to clean it up! She was very sweet and said "If this is the worst thing I have to clean up this week, then I'll count my self a lucky lady!"

I guess that's one way to look at things. If this is the worst thing that happens to me all week, then I will count myself a lucky lady! And as I write this the toddler is adding hot sauce to the dessert recipe........it doesn't call for hot sauce! Loverly!

No comments:

Post a Comment