Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The lottery plan

My husband always says "When I win the lottery" as if it's a possibility. He doesn't play the lottery and I'm not going to encourage him to do that since I think it's a waste of money. I'd rather put the money into a savings account and let it build itself up. But, I'm not opposed to dreaming about what I'd do if I won the lottery.

[Exhale]

It would be wonderful. First, I'd pay off the husbands truck! Save the repo man a trip! Times are hard people. Don't judge.

I would not tell a soul we won the lottery........ignore the pictures on facebook of me holding that giant check! It's not a lottery check....the husband got a bonus at work......yeah....that's it! Employee of the month......right!

I would immediately book a flight to Disney since I've been telling the kids all of these years that we would get there before they have kids of their own! Besides, they'd be really upset with Mama if they didn't get to go to Disney before I took my European tour with my Mom and sisters and then there's the trip to Vegas with the hubby. And the cross country expedition..... I better get luggage!

Education is important! So, I'd have to put money into a trust fund for the kids so they can get educated! I'm going to take lessons to learn Italian and Spanish. Maybe hire a tutor to potty train the toddler! There's an idea. And while I'm educating people I should sign my Mom up for woodworking classes so she can learn to make furniture for short folks! I think she would be good at it. She's short.

Part of me thinks I should pull a "My name is Earl" and undo all of the wrong I've done. Oy! Replace the lawn ornaments we took as teenagers, pay back my Mom for all of the times she paid the heating bill or kept the lights on in my house, get group therapy going for my cousin who I failed to rescue and hire a sky writer plane to write "I'm sorry for punching you in the face, I was shocked about her age and couldn't think straight! Won't happen again!" in the sky over my ex's house.....both houses maybe. Might need two planes and a wing walker!

Then, of course I would send money to animal shelters and volunteer at each one as I make my way across the united states during my cross country adventure in the Motor home the husband will undoubtedly buy on day one! Oooh! We're going to need some awesome mud flaps for that bad boy! Better add those to the list.

It would be nice to win the lottery. I'd do a lot of fun things and even though I would eliminate a lot of stress that I currently have, it would also bring on more stress. The truth is, there is nothing in this world that I would buy that would make me happier than I am right now. I have an amazing family, a roof over my head and tires to carry me where I need to go. But more importantly I have love. You cannot put a price on LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment