Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Saturday, September 24, 2011

I can't stop!

I don't think there's a T-shirt in my house that is safe from me this weekend! I recently realized that just because a shirt has a stain, it doesn't mean you have to throw it out. I use to rip them up for cleaning rags. Now I rip them up to make flowers!

It all started out when I had the idea to cover up stains on one of the toddlers onsies with these flowers I make. I'm not the first person to do it. I know that. It's been done a million times. I had a T-shirt that had a cool graphic printed on the front. I didn't want to get rid of it. It was my favorite! So, I cut out the section I liked, filed it with the other things to be re purposed at a later date and ripped the rest of the shirt into strips. Then I sat on the couch, on my booty and made flowers out of the strips while I caught up on my shows. It was a good day.

But, now, I cannot stop making these flowers. I want to put them on everything! The toddler is going to have these flowers on every piece of her clothing if I don't get a handle on things. She has tons of shirts that I was prepared to throw out because of stains. I am horrible at getting out stains. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I want to make things just so I can put these flowers on them!.....I actually found myself peeping in the boys closet for shirts I thought they wouldn't miss. I got caught. I think I heard a door lock. I think they're on to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment