Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Calgon.....

Sometimes, I don't think there is enough Calgon in the world to rescue me from this craziness I call my life! Don't get me wrong. I love my life! But, I am the mother of 2 teenage boys who are amazing!

How is that an issue? Well, they are great 99.9 % of the time. But that .1% will jump up and slap me in the face quicker than Jimmy John's can make a sandwich! Freaky Fast! It happens out of the blue and leaves me shaking my head for days! Today is one of those days. I'm still shaking my head.

It's been a long time since I was a teenager myself and I wouldn't want those years back for anything....most of the time. The emotional roller coaster, being unhappy but not knowing why. It's like being pregnant! Feeling awkward in your own skin, inadequate. Wow! Just like being pregnant! No Thanks! Keep all that! Anyway, I have a hard time relating to my boys sometimes. So when that .1% puts the smack down on me I just don't even know what to say. I immediately want to know what the problem is so I can fix it. And I automatically think I did something wrong.

I was singing a little loudly with the window down on our way through town yesterday. Maybe someone heard me singing and they got embarrassed? I wore my Mom jeans, thinking I wouldn't be getting out of the car.....but then got out of the car anyway! Maybe it was something like that.

They both assure me that it was nothing like that and actually have the nerve to laugh at me when I bring it up! I can't help it. I like my Mom jeans! They are roomy and I can get comfy when I'm waiting in the car rider line! Deal with it!

Calgon?.....Where are you?  The toddler won't poop. The teenagers are throwing things and won't talk. The cat........I love her like a fat kid loves cake! But she better be on her very best litter box behavior from now on!  The husband....the man is a saint! How I love this man! [Epiphamy] He is my Calgon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment