Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Saturday, March 3, 2012

In time we heal

There are things that happen in our lives that can scar us forever if we let it. I am ashamed of some of the things that I let get to me or allowed to get in my way. But once I learned to get over it and get on with my life I began to heal. I didn't want to just get over it though. I wanted to grow, become someone my kids would be proud of. I am trying to follow my dreams and cross some things off of my list. It's never too late to start living. When I got this tattoo last night someone asked me "why" and I didn't really know how to explain it without going into great detail.

So why this tattoo? Well, because I wanted a reminder of what I am capable of. I have overcome a few things and I'm flourishing. There's not a universal symbol for that so I kept it pretty straight forward. Overcome & Flourish. The font symbolizes my love of writing since it looks handwritten.

Am I done getting tattoos? Nope. Will I be happy with this tattoo in 20 years? You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment