Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Wither by Lauren DeStefano

When someone with similar taste in books suggests a book to me, I don't even read the back of the book! I just start reading. To me, it's like meeting someone new and hearing their story foe the first time. If you read the back of the book it's like doing a background check and their story is familiar. Occasionally, I like to be surprised and have no clue what to expect next. It adds to the suspense of it all.

So, I'm reading this book by Lauren DeStefano called Wither. My new friend and über talented author Jenny Phillips suggested it at our writers group a few nights ago. If you don't know Jenny, she recently had a very good piece published by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterflies in the book Darklight. It's currently available as an ebook but you can pre order the actual paper and ink book if you prefer that route. I wish i could slap a link here but i am working from my phone and don't have that ability! Anyway, it's a compilation of authors and I recommend it! Love "The Kiss" by Jenny Phillips.

Wow! Got off track a bit! So, anyway. I'm reading Wither. I can tell you that I am intrigued by this story and since I don't know the direction it will go I am on the edge of my seat reading it! So if you're looking for a good read this weekend, pick up Wither or go to amazon and check out my friend Jenny's debut in Darklight!

Ok. Now if I could just figure out how to read my kindle while doing dishes....

No comments:

Post a Comment