Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Everyday

I'll say it over and over again. I've evolved. I don't mean that I've gone from walking hunched over, dragging a club or my knuckles as I go. I mean, I've gone from being a negative minded individual to someone who tries her hardest to see the positive in everyday or every person. But, I won't lie, people are the hardest for me. I have a hard time overlooking ignorance and my main problem is that I just can't turn the other cheek. I am Marty McFly in Back To The Future! I can't just walk away.

As you know, though, I am making changes for my kids, because I don't want them to follow my lead and grow up to be miserable in life or in love. I try to set a good example which is why I have recently started following a list of things that I have to do every day. Here's my list......

1. Laugh at myself.
2. Tell my kids what they are doing RIGHT.
3. Ignore what they are doing wrong unless it's something really bad, like cheering for the Detroit Lions
    or researching how to make bombs.
4. Drink more water than I did the day before.
5. Smile more, if only for the purpose of making someone feel uncomfortable. Try it, it's fun.
6. Overlook ignorance...........lord, keep me strong on this one and give me focus.
7. Read!!
8. Write!!!
9. Doodle!!!!
10. Inspire someone to be kind. Start a chain reaction. One good deed will set off a chain of events,  
      even if you're not there to witness it, it happens.

This is just my top ten. But everyday, I get up and say to myself "Woman! You have to.....(insert something fun or inspirational)...." Today I got up and told myself I had to give someone a compliment.

You know as I sit here typing this post, I am watching the cat. She's sitting across from me, staring back. It has dawned on me that she is probably the most complimented thing in the house! Seriously, this cat is told at least a dozen times a day that she is beautiful or that her fur is soft. I think I'm a little jealous of the cat now.
My cat Miss Jane

Anyway, so here is my compliment. I think you are all so awesome for taking the time to stop in and listen to me babble on about my kids and cat. YOU ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment