Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pep in my step

I am one of those Moms who always makes sure the kids have thier haircut, going 6 months or more without making an appointment to get my own hair cut. I buy new mascara once every year or so and never indulge in the name brand body wash. I'm not sure if I would call myself a cheapskate........I'm frugal.

But, there's something about a new hairstyle and a fresh zap of color to make you feel good! Add a little lip gloss and some extra eyeliner and it puts a little pep in your step. When's the last time you had that? Maybe you should call the hair guru and make an appointment. I've been seeing my hair maven for about........let me do the math.....might have to use the fingers and toes........it's been about 13 years! Wow! She must've started cutting hair while she was still in Middle School! She isn't old enough!

This please!
So, I've known her for a long time now and I love her to death. I'll tell you why. She's fun and she listens. Yeah. I know, she probably doesn't have a choice but I'm not talking about when I'm rambling on and on and on about whatever it is that has my time occupied. I mean, when I tell her "I need something new!", She hears what I'm saying and says Ok, look for a picture. Which translates into, get on pinterest and find a hairstyle you like and we'll take it from there. If the style won't work for me she will let me know. I think good communication is VERY important when you're putting your hair in someone else's hands. If you have shoulder length kinky curly hair and you take a picture of Jennifer Lopez to your stylist and tell her you want that look and that stylist says "OK!"..........Honey, you have a problem! Unless she's slapping a wig or a weave on your hair, you better run! See, my stylist would've said "Yeah. Ok. where's the real picture?" because she knows that my hair will never look like that! She's going to be honest with me 

Here I am, desperately in need of some rejuvenation. I don't want a massage. I don't want a pedicure. I don't want an energy drink. I want to get my hair did! So, I'm going to make an appointement to have a cut and color. This time I am trying a new cut and I'm not skurd at all. I will gladly give up the ugly ponytail I've been sporting lately. I had a job interview yesterday and even though my clothes said "Professional" my hair said "I don't have time to give a crap". I don't want to look like that anymore. And when I drop the 15 pounds I'm trying to lose, I'm going to go out and buy myself a new outfit to go with my hair and new mascara. Watch out now! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment