Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The best place to be kicked out of.....



I've been kicked out of restaurants. I've been kicked out of the mens bathroom.......It was an honest mistake! Really! Who wants to be in a men's bathroom anyway? But, the best place I've been kicked out of is My Own Bed!

These are the things that keep me smiling. Throughout the day my daughter and I fight back and forth about various things. She's three. I'm old enough to know better. I'm the Mama! I'm the boss here! But, despite this motto I have yet to convince her that I wear the big crown in this house and she is a Queen in training! Bathtime is not a pleasant experience but it is neccesary when she has food in her hair. Bath time brings on a lot of crying and begging (on my part) and then I have to use force. She's a little stronger than I remember her brothers being at her age. Most of the time I end up with just as much soap and water on me as she has on her. The problem with that, I'm already in the clothes I'm planning to wear for the day. A lesson learned I guess. She doesn't like to wear certain things. She has a style of her own. So, getting dressed can sometimes turn into a diva moment and I don't tolerate it very well. "Get dressed or you'll be naked when we pick up your brothers." I know it sounds harsh but, I am not a fan of being bullied by my own daughter. Sometimes it feels like she is bullying me though. I sit her down and calmly explain to her that she hurt my feelings when she screamed at me and that I understand that she wants to wear her favorite shirt for the 4th day in a row but the yogurt stain on it is starting to take on healing qualities and I think it needs to be harvested in the wash. She just doesn't understand or care. She puts her hand over my mouth and says "Enough". It's a never ending battle. But then there's always a moment or two when she does something that just makes my heart sing. A random hug. Or moments like tonight when I come to bed and find her not only in my bed but in my spot........with a sales paper and a flashlight. I asked her if I could have my spot back and she looks up and says "Nope." ..............Gotta love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment