Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Falling off the wagon

This diet thing isn't working for me. I go from one extreme to the other. I either can't stop eating or I don't eat at all. This is not a healthy place to be for me or my family. I would like to point out that I lost 4 pounds by cutting out most of my sugar intake and becoming more active. But, lately I've been lost in writer mode. Well, I should say "pretend" writer mode. As I've been told that I am not a real writer. Anyway, when I am spewing words onto paper I tend to ignore my stomach. I will go all day without eating. Bad idea.

You know how they say "I'm sorry for the things I said out of hunger"......Well, that's me. I get dangerously hungry and I get mean. The snickers commercials pretty much sum it up for me. Sometimes I think I could take out an entire army if I was starved long enough. Of course, in reality I would curl up in the fetal position and call the army bad names. But, you get the point.

So, here I am........drinking my 3rd Mt. Dew of the day. Bad!!! Yesterday I lost track of how much pop I had. And to think I was doing so good. I knew it would happen but, I didn't think I would be so forgiving. I think I should be harder on myself! I'll never reach my goal weight if I keep giving myself free passes.

Losing weight is another one of those times when I think it's important to have a support group to keep you in line. It's like co-parenting. It's always good to have someone there to tell you your threats are unrealistic or to back you up when your teenager asks to get a tattoo and you can't decide if it's a good idea. Thank God you have a support group there to tell you "I think you're making the right decision. Now put down the donut and Mt. Dew before I hurt you.".

Could someone please give me a boost? I can't seem to get back on this wagon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment