Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's the silly things Part 1



Please let me tell you a story about a friend of mine who was wound so tight that she couldn't allow herself to have fun. Laughing at herself was preposterous! Making mistakes was absolutely out of the question and stepping out of her comfort zone was well, a nightmare and she wouldn't do it no matter what! I was a miserable person to live with.....oops. I gave it away. I'm talking about me! Oh! I've come a long way! Now adays I try NOT to take myself too seriously, remind myself that life is way too short and if I make mistakes it's a lesson learned. I laugh at myself, probably more than an adult should but you know what? I'm happy! I've learned that it's the silly things in life that keep me going.



For example. I'm getting married. I don't know if you knew. But, it's a true story and we've got 2 weeks til the big day! Eeek! It's crunch time. I'm making decisions on hair, nails, shoes and etc. Normally, for such an occasion I would trot on down to the local tanning salon and buy a package. But I don't have time for such nonsense and honestly I don't know that my skin can take much more! So, I played with the idea of a spray tan. Even to say it makes me giggle! The idea of getting naked and being sprayed with dye just seems funny. Maybe I'm wrong? So, here I am with this idea in my head and I'm not doing a thing with it. I just let it sit there. Then my Mom calls and says that SHE got a spray tan! My Mom is awesome!! Not just because she got a spray tan! She has the biggest heart, puts everyone before her but never pampers herself. And she has very pale skin. She needed a little color boost for the wedding! Well, she loved her tan! I was proud of her for spending some money on herself! SO! My Mom has gone out, got naked and sprayed! I can do it too! But not with out a spray buddy. Luckily I am gaining a super awesome sister in law who is equally as pigment challenged as my Mom! She agreed that we should try it out and try it out we did! LMAO! I think anything that requires you to watch a "video" beforehand is just FANTASTIC! Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment