Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Emergency Staff Meeting.



Ladies, I asked you all to be here today because I get the feeling that you've hit panic mode.........I knew it would happen sooner or later and honestly I am shocked it didn't happen sooner. But, let me just say that I am so proud of you for hanging in there this long and great job on all that you've pulled off so far. I know we still have a lot to do in such a short time. But, if anyone can do it we can! So, let's go over what we have to do from now til the big day.

Where are we on the guest list? We need to get the RSVP's counted as soon as the deadline hits so we can price food. I have a feeling we will have to cut a few things. The pickle buffet, the cheese tray.....those two things are on the chopping block right now! They'll just have to bring their own! And as far as buns, someone print out a sign to let parents know that we just can't tolerate waste. If their child doesn't eat a hot dog bun at home, now is not the time to try to make them. It's only going to take a bun away from someone who will! I don't want to see anything wasted! Did we buy the name tags or do you think it's a bad idea? Honestly I think their are about 20 people on the guest list that I don't know and haven't met. Heck we got an RSVP for someone that wasn't even on the guest list! Did our private investigator find out who this woman is? Get on that will ya! Geez! When it comes to decorations, I am happy to say that we are done. But if time and funds permit I would like to buy a few potted plants. On second thought.....we have to get the pictures for the mantle before my leftover tan fades and my rosacea flares up again! Nothing worse than a blotchy complexion on the bride to be. I think we'll need more punch balloons! Lots and lots more punch balloons!


Wow! Today I woke up and the panic was setting in. I was feeling a little overwhelmed about making things perfect. Bahaha! There's nothing about me that resembles perfect. I had to make fun of myself for a minute in order to get back on track and remind myself that the only thing that matters about the big day is the fact that we show up and nobody gets hurt! I don't care if we run out of buns or if my burger doesn't have cheese! I will survive if we are 8 tissue poms short of tissue pom heaven. The important thing is, I'm marrying my best friend. Not you Stripper! The other Best Friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment