Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Time out




I think I need to take a Time Out to laugh. It's not such an easy thing to do in a time like this but I think occasionally you have to put down the box of kleenex, put on your big girl panties, slap on another coat of waterproof mascara and laugh out loud! Example:



The family and I took a road trip to my Moms last month to see my Granny who was a little under the weather. It was an emotional trip for me. My Granny and I had a falling out a few years ago and we hadn't really talked much since. But she's my Granny. She helped raise me. I love her so much. I couldn't stay mad and I wanted her to know that I was still here for her. We got there and I had myself I nice little breakdown. The reality that people don't last forever was weighing on my mind and crushing my heart. The thought of someone you love slipping away, becoming someone you don't recognize is such a sad thing. I wanted to crawl into the hide-a-bed and not come out the entire visit. But, I have such a wonderful support group and they wouldn't let me.



My Mom buys all kinds of inexpensive things to keep the kids entertained. She bought some punch balloons from the dollar store. The kids found them, blew them up and proceeded to harass me with them until I laughed out loud. I laughed until I cried. My jaw actually hurt the next day from laughing! It was a nice break from the sad reality that crippled me when we walked in the door earlier that week.




It has been a couple of weeks since we came home from Mom's. Granny is up and about but now my uncle who is near and dear to my heart is down. The Munchkin and I took another time out one day after I had a breakdown in McDonald's. [awkward] We headed straight to Target where they sell punch balloons. $2.49 for a pack of 6 brightly colored balloons! On the way out I stopped at the food court for some popcorn and a fountain drink. I blew up every single one of those balloons in the food court of Target and Eden went to town with those things. I laughed so hard. She is a maniac with a punch balloon. I got a few crazy looks but over all people enjoyed it. I think it's important to NOT take yourself too seriously. .......Seriously! Get a grip on the good times people! Have a Laugh or two! If you can't find an activity to make you laugh there's always youtube!

1 comment: