Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Saturday, May 28, 2011

See it. Want it. Make it.





I am an Etsy.com fan! I have an Etsy shop where I have a handful of things listed for sale. Necklaces and cupcake pix mostly. The few things that I do have for sale do not represent a fraction of the things that I make. I'm the friend that you call when you see something you like and decide that you have to have it for your wedding, birthday party, grad party, bridal shower....well, you get the idea. I make things, crafty things. Things to decorate your space during a party or celebration. I make invitations and party favors. I don't know how I became that friend, the one you call when you need something done (not the assassin friend. NOT that kind of need something done!) But, I get it done.







This week I'm working on cupcake pix or cupcake toppers. Cupcakes are a big thing right now. You can get these fancy decorative stands to display them on or cool wrappers! The possibilities are endless. People love them. Cupcake pix are like the fancy wheels you put on a car! They make any piece of crap look cool! I've made cupcake pix for many occasion. A divorce party! A few birthday parties! Baby Showers! Graduation Parties! Weddings! Going away parties. Blah blah blah! They are really easy to make and honestly if you're limited on time it's still one of those projects that you can do! Seriously! All, you need to make a simple cupcake topper is: Toothpicks, scrapbook paper, a computer, scissors, hot glue gun and a glue stick. I would avoid using glitter.....I know this from experience. It does not taste good on lemon cupcakes!







But if you want to get super fancy you can add rhinestones or ribbon etc. Like I said endless possibilities! I made minnie mouse pix for my daughters 2nd birthday. They were the first ones I ever made. I was browsing Etsy for ideas for her party, ran across the theme and decided hey I can do that! So I did! Don't be afraid to try things. You'd be surprised at how empowering it is to tackle a project and come out victorious. Even if you don't make the best cupcake topper in the universe, YOU made it! That makes it special and if you turn it into a family project then that's even more special! So, the next time you see something crafty and you think you need it. MAKE IT! Or find a friend who can! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment