Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Monday, June 18, 2012

A snippet ....just a pinch


    ~Once the crowd in the foyer makes its way into the bar area, I am able to see the sign hanging above the welcome table. It says “Welcome to Singles Night, Ladies Register Here!” My stomach is doing back flips. I don’t like human interaction unless I’m holding a gun and the other person is running from me. Now that sounds like fun but what we have going on here, speed dating, sounds a lot like torture.~  A snippet from a story I'm working on

Sharing my writing is like running around a family BBQ completely naked. I can post to facebook all day about what I'm eating for dinner, what the kids are doing, if the toddler is regular.......I don't usually hold back and I know that you don't care about all of that. Anyway, I have no problem putting THAT out there. But this writing business, this is different. Sharing my stories, it makes me feel naked. So, I think if I can just put little snippets out there, maybe I will overcome this fear that people will see my stretchmarks and laugh at me..... I mean, maybe I'll overcome this fear that people will read my stories and think "Wow! This broad hasn't got a clue!"

No comments:

Post a Comment