Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Monday, June 25, 2012

Big Thanks

First of all, I want to send out BIG thanks to everyone who has been so supportive of me doing something I love to do.... Writing! And for those who I have sent chapters to and who have read them and made suggestions...thank you so much, it helps. Sometimes I read things so many times that I'm not really reading it as much as repeating what I've got stored in my brain.

The Evolution of Hadley Sinclair
Anyway, I realize that not everybody can do what they love to do. Single mothers or fathers get overwhelmed with family responsibilities and don't always make time for themselves. This is something I've been all too familiar with in the past. I always made excuses as to why I couldn't chase a dream or do something I truly loved to do. But the reality of it is....It wasn't the right time for me. I'm in a better place emotionally now to actually put myself first on occasion. I'm alright with letting the house fall apart around me and I don't fall apart when it does. Of course, my family wrinkles up their nose at it but my theory is: If you don't want to smell the dirty dishes, the dish rags are in the drawer by the microwave, please don't waste water!



I've recently started posting snippets of what I'm working on. My blog has had more views than ever since I've started doing this and I can't tell you how scared that made me. Yikes! Someone is reading the silly story I wrote, even if it's a paragraph at a time. The irony of it makes me laugh. Imagine a writer who is afraid to show her work. Insanity. I'll get over it with a little help from my friends.

So, here's the moral of the story, thank you for your support and kind words and if you're living a life and not doing what you love to do, take time to do it, even if you only dip your toes in.


1 comment:

  1. You're an inspiration to those who are afraid to "dip their toes," and to those of us whose toes are a little waterlogged from soaking in one spot for too long! It's great to see someone setting challenges for themselves, and brave of you to share the details of your journey....

    ReplyDelete