Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Show me the Yummy.

So, I'm in the cooking rutt that people find themselves in every once and a while. I find that this happens when I am running low on cash. Being creative with my dollars isn't always easy in a house full of picky eaters. But like my sister says "Picky eating is for rich folks!". And I swear I will make a sign for my kitchen that says just that! lol. It's true! We don't have the luxury to be picky! Take it or leave it for me to eat and get fat on!

Desserts is "Stressed" spelled backwards.
Lately, I have found that pinterest is not just for gazing at Hairstyle how-to's or DIY projects! There are tons of recipes on there! I think I spent an entire hour looking at recipes yesterday! I was so inspired by the time dinner rolled around! BUT I ended up making one of the good  old stand by meals that I know everyone will eat.....Dirty Rice! It was tastey! But not epic! I'm looking for that epic recipe that the whole family will go on and on about, begging me to make it every single day and not only making it each day but making a double batch! That would be great! I can't remember the last time I made that kind of meal! [exhale]

So, I've made a list of recipes that I want to make. These recipes all came from pinterest (but from different blogs)! I'm going to make a few and let you know how they faired! Here's a list of them!

  1. Pizza Casserole: made with egg noodles, ground beef, ragu, mozzarella and pepperoni.
  2. Chicken Enchiladas with Green sauce: it kinda speaks for itself!
  3. Crockpot Ranch house Pork Chops: Dry Ranch Dressing Mix and Chops.....easy!
  4. Tater Tot Casserole: Is probably not really a meal but it has ground beef so I'm going to say "MEAL"
Now keep in mind.......Even though those meals don't scream healthy I "veg" them up! Add a little broccoli here and there. Or perhaps you like green beans! My toddler has fallen in love with cooked carrots! I just boil up some baby carrots, add a pat of butter and salt and pepper. She loves them. Even dips them in ketchup! I've recently been on a black eyed pea kick.

Anyway, as soon as I test out these recipes I will let you know how they turn out! In the meantime, check out pinterest for some of your own tastey inspiration! But be careful! It's highly addictive! :) If you look to your right..... above the picture of the adorable kid in clown makeup....you'll see a link to my boards on pinterest!! Follow ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment