Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Friday, December 16, 2011

Show me the MONEY!

My Mom bought the toddler this Fisher Price cash register a while back and she fell in love with it. Now, she is actually pretending that she has a store in our dining room. I think it's fun! She loads the table up with a variety of toys and then says "Come on Mama!" and hands me the one coin that she has left. The dog chewed up the rest of the coins that came with the cash register :( and I am currently on the hunt for more. I don't want to buy a new cash register. I know that someone in this world is selling just the coins! I visited the Fisher Price website and couldn't even find the cash register!! So, my next stop was eBay.....I couldn't believe my eyes! The
exact same cash register that my Mom bought for 20 bucks was listed on eBay for $49.99! It was brand new, still in the box and all of the coins were there. Of course, there were other listings for the cash register. Some of them were vintage, some missing coins and some were not Fisher Price at all. My next stop was bizrate since it popped up in the web search. They had plenty of toy cash registers but sadly not one of them were Fisher Price. Like I said, I don't want to buy a brand new toy just to get the coins. At this point I wouldn't spend over 5 bucks for the coins alone. If anyone has any of these coins laying around the house, collecting dust, please let me know if you'd like to find a new home for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment