Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Friday, May 4, 2012

The Avengers and the Nerd Convention

Chris Hemsworth as Thor
First of all, I think I might've changed my mind about being a writer when I grow up. Instead, I think I would like to be Thors leotard............OK. I'm sorry. That was out of line. Let me try this again......When I grow up I want to be Natasha, the character Scarlett Johansson plays in the blockbuster movie The Avengers! She kicks @ss!!!! And she has awesome hair.

I'll be honest with you, when my son asked me if I would take him to see this movie when it came out I was reluctant. I like action movies but I am not up to date on my super heroes so I thought I would be lost but my son made sure I did my homework and bought the movie THOR for me to watch as a prerequisite. (I would also suggest that you watch Captain America)

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, The Avengers is based on the Marvel Comics and features superheroes such as Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, Nick Fury, Captain America etc. In the movie, the Avengers assemble after Thors brother Loki tries to take over earth, turning all of humanity into slaves. I won't give away the entire movie but the story line works for me.


Tom Hiddlestin as Loki
I don't care who you are, you will love this movie!!!! It has action, lots and lots of action. It has hot, strong guys, sweaty guys, green guys, guys in leotards......you get the picture. The villain in the movie, Loki, who was played by the amazingly talented Tom Hiddlestin has to be the best bad guy ever. I love to hate him and I hate to love him, he was that good! You've probably seen him in the movie War Horse, he played the soldier who bought or rented the boys horse. I loved him in that movie too, even if he was only in it for a short time.  And let me just tell you it is funny!  There were so many times that everyone in the theatre laughed out loud. I can't say one bad thing about the movie! Even the previews were awesome....well, except for the new Tim Burton movie, Frankenwienie, it didn't exactly scream action packed summer flick but there's always gotta be one oddball in the group.

Speaking of oddballs, People dressed up as their favorite super hero. I felt a little out of place.  It was a Nerd convention up in there! The nerds were easy to spot too. They were the ones running to their seats. The Nerdiness was thick in that theatre and it was intoxicating. I want to go see the movie again!!

So, here's my suggestion for the ladies, if your man tells you he wants to go see this movie, you say "OK honey" and take your happy @ss to see it because it's chock full of hotness. And make sure you stick around after the credits roll because there's a clip that will lead up to the next movie. I would also like to add that Robin from "How I Met Your Mother" is in this movie, if you're a fan you'll spot her right away, if not she's Fury's right hand woman. Here's my prediction, she'll be back in the next movie as Wonder Woman......just saying.

And one more thing, this is the last thing, I swear. There were so many good lines in the movie that it was so hard to just  pick one line but since I am a newfound Thor fan..........
                                                             Put the Hammer DOWN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment