Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This awesomeness



   I promised myself I wouldn't post anymore sappy posts for a while. So, in keeping with that promise, please enjoy this piece of art that I can't seem to photograph without making it blurry or dark or small or well... you get the idea!! This guy, Daniel Stormont, is a far better artist than I am a photographer.
 
 
   This has become one of my most prized possessions. As a matter of fact, I have printed a sign that hangs on my door like the ones you see with pictures of pets, a notice to firefighters letting them know how many pets are inside so they know to rescue them. Well, I don't have any pets. So, I would like the firemen to rescue this painting. Don't judge me.
 
   I would also like to explain why this is so special to me.  I got this as a gift from my sister...you've read about her. She's actually my cousin but we grew up together etc. It wasn't my birthday. It wasn't my anniversary and I didn't win it in a bet. She saw it and thought of me. Maybe it's because from a distance this woman in this painting is just another pretty damsel in a dress but then you get closer and realize that she is truly flawed, like me. Sure from a distance I'm probably not bad to look at but then you get up close and realize that I have wrinkles around my eyes from laughing too much and my eyebrows are in need of landscaping (I've never plucked and have no interest in that torture). I always have a zit between my eyes or on my chin. Or like today, both.

   I hung this in my bedroom on the wall directly in front of where I sit and write. When I get stuck on something I stare at it.... the painting. I use to stare at the wall. It encourages me to push on and never forget what I'm aiming for in a story, something offbeat and write about characters who are well.....flawed, like me. 

Artist Daniel Stormont...What shall we name her?

No comments:

Post a Comment