Me being Mom

Me being Mom
photo by Anna Marie Pictorials

Monday, July 9, 2012

Mutiny....

   Have you ever posted something on facebook or twitter and then read it out loud, thinking..."That sounded goofy coming out of my mouth?"...

   Yeah. Me either! Because a lot of goofy stuff comes out of my mouth. But I read what other people post and think "Wow! I can't imagine that actually coming out of his/her mouth in real life!" You know, because what we post on facebook and twitter or other social media sites, is not in fact real life. I'm learning that for most folks it's what ever they want others to believe about their life.  It's their fantasy world.

   Post upbeat status updates and check in at all the cool fun places so people will think that you're living the good life. In reality, you're using a credit card you will never be able to pay off and secretly can't stand the people you hang out with or your significant others kids drive you NUTS.  Complain how you have it so hard when in fact you have it better than the average American. Please go on and tell me how much you hate your job as I sit here filling out the 29th job application of the year. But, it's your post, please, carry on. But I have one request...

Please. Stop whining.

   Please.Stop whining and look around you. Do you see the trees swaying in the breeze? Perhaps you live in Arizona, do you see the sunshine, feel the heat on your skin? Well, congrats! You're still alive and if your life is that sad and pathetic that hearing the words "You're alive" make you feel sad... You need to make some changes my friend.

   You don't know where to start? Understandable!! Believe me! I've been there! I've been the woman who was sprawled out on the floor, balling my eyes out, my world torn apart and I said "Now what?" I had no idea where to begin. And for every body there's a different guide book but I will tell you this. The first thing you have to do is pick yourself up off the damn floor and STOP crying! And then, look around you. Look at the blessings in your life. Don't give the negative more thought than the positive. Find something that makes you happy (NOT DRUGS or Booze) and do it.

   Me? I do several things. Recently I've started taking a photo a day on instagram. Each day I have to take a picture of something in particular. Today the theme is "BIG" and yesterday it was "lunch". It's not often that I eat lunch so that was hard. I know you might be thinking "That's what makes you happy?" and the answer is yes, it does. It gives me goals and checking them off my list is satisfying. Isn't that what we all want? Satisfaction?

   You can't get NO? (satisfaction) Well, fight for it, chase it down, make it happen. It's all on you baby! Captain that ship!

   Anyway, If I can encourage one person to take a long look at their life and admit "I'm so unhappy I can't stand myself" and make a change for the better, then I will stop posting these annoying segments of self help! lol ...or maybe not.

   So, tell me, what are you doing to make yourself happy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment